Every Italian restaurant worth their marinara comes with a good story. It has to for it to feel like home. Denver’s up and coming LoHi neighborhood gained a new home away from home at the end of September and the 30 minute drive is worth every second for me, since I have already ventured back there once for another taste.
Marcella’s was named after the cook and house manager at a villa in Tuscany that Cameron Mitchell, CEO and founder, has visited many times with his family. When they were creating a concept for an Italian restaurant, they thought it was fitting to name the restaurant after Marcella and her Italian cuisine. Everything they serve at Marcella’s is authentic, just the way Marcella would have made it.
The restaurant’s signature dishes include the following among others:
- Marcella’s Braised Veal Meatball with simple tomato sauce (also known as the eighth wonder of the world!) (Pictured)
- Melted Pecorino featuring cheese imported from a Tuscan farm in Italy with crostini, apple and truffle honey (Pictured)
- Margherita D.O.C. Pizza with tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil
- Lasagne alla Bolognese with slow cooked sausage ragu and marinara
- Chicken Marsala with carrots, mushrooms shallots and parmesan polenta
- Chocolate Almond Cake (Pictured)
- Cherry Crustada (Pictured)
Between the fully opened exterior doors that make every seat in the house feel like the patio, to the views of Denver and the energy of the staff and patrons, it’s a date night/family dinner/office gathering waiting to happen.
Check out Marcella’s and please, please order the meatball. I promise that you will want it over and over. It is what dreams are made of.
1801 Central Street,
Denver, Colorado 80211
(I ate at Marcella’s for a media event, all views are my own)